Welcome to the South Monmouth Regional Sewerage Authority’s Purchasing Department’s online Information System to help vendors do business with the Authority.
The SMRSA is guided in its activities by the following basic policies:
- To stimulate competitive bidding in order to obtain goods and services at the lease cost to the Authority.
- To provide all viable vendors with an opportunity to offer their goods and services to the Authority.
- And to treat all vendors fairly.
- To conduct all purchasing in accordance with applicable laws of the State of New Jersey, specifically:
- N.J.S.A. 40A:11-1 eq seq., the Local Public Contract Law, and their corresponding rules, N.J.A.C. 5:34 et seq., and
- New Jersey Local Unit “Pay to Play” Law, Chapter 19, P.L. 2004 (as amended by P.L. 2005, c.51), N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et seq.
The Authority may not immediately respond to unsolicited vendor telephone calls.
Those vendors wishing to do business with the SMRSA are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter, introducing the vendor and its products as well as a copy of its current Business Registration Certificate and email to email@example.com
A representative from SMRSA will respond to your email within two business days.
How to obtain a Business Registration Certificate:
As per P.L. 2004, c. 57 (Chapter 57), effective September 1, 2004. the State of New Jersey is requiring all vendors who conduct business with local units of government, to register with the Division of Revenue and receive a Business Registration Certificate that must be provided to all local units of government you transact with.
All vendors must submit a copy of their New Jersey Business Registration certificate to the South Monmouth Regional Sewerage Authority before a Purchase Order or Contracting document can be issued.
The Business Registration Certificate can be obtained FREE OF CHARGE by contacting The Division of Revenue at 609-292-1730 or online at www.nj.gov/treasure/revenue/busregcert.shtml
Sale and Use Tax Exemption:
The Authority is exempt from New Jersey Sales and Use Tax, and in most cases products and services that are purchased to fulfill a contract with the Authority are also tax-exempt. Specific information with respect to the tax exemption regulations can be obtained from the New Jersey Division of Taxation. The Authority is also subject to the New Jersey Prevailing Wage Laws.
Certain service contracts and procurement will require a Certificate of Insurance naming the South Monmouth Regional Sewerage Authority as an additional insured. This may include but not limited to liability for property damage, liability for bodily injury and workmen’s compensation insurance in amounts as determined by the Authority.